The Chesterfield Earth Day Festival is celebrating its 26th anniversary this year! This festival is one of the region’s largest Earth Day events and offers a convenient recycling drive-thru, eco-friendly and up-cycled products, information exhibits, plus cultural entertainment! The Chesterfield Citizens Committee for the Environment will host the 26th Chesterfield Earth Day Festival on Saturday, April 29 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at Chesterfield Mall. This is a FREE community event for all ages to enjoy!
Participants can enjoy visiting with informational exhibitors and vendors selling upcycled and recycled art and craft items and nearly anything that can be recycled will be collected at the drive-thru recycling area on the parking lot in front of Macy’s. Most items are free of charge, but certain fees may apply to TVs. Items that are not accepted include thermostats, smoke detectors and alkaline batteries.
(stage near food court)
10:00 am: Opening Ceremony
10:30 am-11:10 am: Mac & Guy Duo
12:00 pm: Conservation Awards
1:00-2:00 pm: Reptiles & Amphibians of MO
2:00 pm-3:00 pm: Entertainment TBA
The popular recycling drive-thru takes place on the Macy’s southern parking lot from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Limited capacity exists for most vendors, so first-come/first-served. The following items are being accepted:
- Bicycles (St. Louis Bicycle Works)
- The Citizens Alliance for Positive Youth (CAPY) and the Chesterfield Police Department will be collecting prescription and over-the-counter medications, inhalers, ointments and patches.
- Single stream recyclables such as glass, plastic, paper, cardboard and aluminum (Republic Services).
- Electronics, TVs, computers, and small appliances (MRC) *Fees for some TVs apply.
- Used clothing, linens, and paired shoes (Remains, Inc.)
- New and used building materials (Habitat for Humanity).
- Buttons, beads, board games, and children’s books (St. Louis Teacher’s Recycle Center).
- Fabric and sewing notions (Charity Sharity).
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications (Chesterfield Police Dept. and CAPY).
- Documents for offsite shredding by Pedro’s Planet. *Note – documents will NOT be shredded on-site. Five-box limit for drop off.
For more information on the event, call 636.537.4000.